IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to unexpected works taking place on Edmondstown Road, the access to the Club is now blocked on the Merry Ploughboy Pub side. Access can be gained via Mount Venus Road and the Marlay side, Scholarstown Road and Stocking Lane.
This is an unfortunate event that has arisen due to the negligence of works going on across the road from the Rockbrook Park School entrance. The stretch of road between the Merry Ploughboy Pub and the school will be closed for a whole year. Expensive works will take place to fix the road, which is in danger of subsiding at present.
We apologise for the inconvencience caused due to reasons outside our control. The Club is currently seeking legal advice on how to proceed as this is already causing a major inconvencience to regular users and members.
Regular schedule for padel training sessions, school use and evening use will continue as normal for the time being.
Full details on road closure
Notice under SI 119 of the Roads Regulations, 1994
South Dublin County Council wish to advise the residents of all dwellings between the Merry Ploughboy Public House and the R113 Tibradden Road that the R116 Edmondstown Road between these two locations will be closed until essential remedial works take place along the bank of the Owendoher River tributary.
The closure will take place during the week commencing 13 November 2017 for a period of up to one year.
Local diversion routes will be set up and maintained.
From the North / Dublin / Rathfarnham etc.:
- Edmondstown Road will remain open to a point 150 metres beyond the Merry Ploughboy Public House.
- Edmondstown Road south of the above location: All vehicles must divert via the R115 Scholarstown Road – Stocking Lane – Mount Venus Road to its junction with Edmondstown Road.
- From Edmondstown Road, travel east on Taylor’s Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road, south to the R113 Tibradden Road and west to its junction with Edmondstown Road.
For traffic travelling from the south along the R116, you are required to divert either:
- West along the R115 Mount Venus Road – Stocking Lane – Scholarstown Road to its junction with the R116 Edmondstown Road.
- East along the R113 Tibradden Road and north along Whitechurch Road to Its junction with Taylor’s lane. West on Taylors Lane takes you to the start of Edmondstown Road.